Guild Recruitment International is onsite at the Butler Academy providing international household management employment for: Butlers, Chefs, Chauffeurs, Couples, Nannies, Au pairs and Domestic staff. Guild Recruitment is the International Guild for Butler memberships; the South African Butlers Guild is dedicated in promoting & protecting the interests and reputation of all members and the private service profession providing secure employment.
Welcome future client or exciting clients to the South African Butler Academy & Guild Recruitment International client page!
The South African Butler Academy understands the need for excellent service and thank you in advance for reading the information below. The Butler Academy offers clients the highest level of recruitment service. We ensure that every step is taken to give the highest level of service.
Clients are guaranteed the surety of a confidential, professional and efficient service when seeking their ideal executive household staff member. All candidates are screened and go through intensive training in order to qualify for employment opportunities from the Guild. The criteria for employment is strict and the training which we provide is an extensive 8 / 10 week Butler course. Please also note if the candidate does not have our certificate presented to you we strongly insist to rethink this important placement.
Guild Recruitment International aims to provide immediate as well as continued support throughout the placement process. Our service is all encompassing and our process is designed to ensure ongoing support of all our clients as well as our candidates, which is consistent with our standards of excellence.
Candidates who did not complete the SABA Course who are registered with us are meticulously screened and assessed in order to qualify for employment opportunities. Only candidates who meet all our criteria will be accepted and offered positions we receive on a daily basis
As the only registered service provider of Butler Service in Africa, you can be assured to receive 7* Service from our professional team at GR
Guild Recruitment International , in association with The South African Butler Academy (SABA), will be pleased to assist Clients with their recruitment requirements. We specialize in the placement of our qualified SABA Butlers, Household & Estate Managers, Chef Butlers, Housekeepers / Housemen, and more. We offer full-time, part time, and seasonal contract positions around the World.
How do we do it?
By utilizing a straightforward selection process for Employer and Employee we trust that we can ensure successful placements by finding you the perfect Candidate whom will address your domestic needs in a professional manner. Placement success is determined by Guild Recruitment International achieving a thorough understanding of the needs, culture and goals of each household. We tailor job specifications to suit our Clients, in order to provide a perfect Applicant for the position.
Placements follow strict protocols and procedures. From interview questions to the screening techniques, we are thorough and consistent with SABA standards of discretion and distinction. We present our Clients only with Candidates who are capable of their job requirements; it is our desire to respect our clients’ valuable time, interests, privacy and money. All our Candidates are first presented as a composed profile, with additional information including resumes, letters of reference and clearance checks available on a clients’ request.
Our goal through the process of hiring is to provide as much support as possible. Our service is absolute and our process is designed to ensure that relationships, both with our Clients and Candidates, are durable and consistent with our standards of excellence.
From Guild Recruitment International you can expect the following:
• To speak with one of our Professional Recruitment Officers
• You will be listened to thoroughly in order that your needs and requirements are fully understood
• Questions relating to the position will be asked so that an accurate job description can be prepared for our selection process
• Our Terms & Conditions will be forwarded via email. A signed copy is required upon your acceptance and agreement thereof in order for the placement process to proceed
• The Recruitment Director will follow up to review any questions or concerns you may have
• Suitable Candidates will be identified from our diverse database of private service professionals
• A Candidate Profile consists of GR Resume, photograph, personal and professional references
• Once you identify candidates of interest, the Recruitment Officer will facilitate either a telephonic or in-person interview
• Clients are encouraged to try a pre-selected candidate/s for a trial period of not more than 3 consecutive days
• Costs for in-person interviews, travel costs (out of Cape Town) and trial days are for the Clients account
• The Recruitment Director will offer support throughout the hiring process
• We assist with reference and background checks
• Once an offer of employment has been made, the Recruitment Director will facilitate, advise and negotiate the Terms and Conditions between the Client and the Candidate, ensuring that both parties are satisfied and in agreement with the Contract of Employment
• Once employed, the Recruitment Director will follow up to ensure that all is satisfactory and to address any concerns which may arise
• After the engagement, our door remains open. It is possible that hiccups may occur after a placement, but our commitment is to assist Clients and Candidates navigate successfully through this transition period.
Placement Fee: (Amount payable by the client / prospective employer not the candidate)
Our professional recruitment fee is a contingency fee which means that we send an invoice only after we have found a suitable candidate and both you and the candidate have agreed to and accepted the employment terms. This fee is applicable per candidate placed. The placement fee is calculated on the gross annual salary, excluding benefits and allowances.
• Permanent Placements: continuous employment longer than a 3 month period
Fee: equal to 15% of the annual gross salary
• Temporary Employment: regular employment from 1 week to 3 months – time period to be specified
Fee: 20% of total earnings per month
• Casual Employment: part-time / ad-hoc employment from 1 day to 8 weeks – requirements may vary
Fee: 25% of total earnings for the entire period worked
A placement is deemed successful and finalized once an offer of employment has been made by a Client and accepted by a Candidate. The signing of a contract is merely a formality; therefore our placement fee becomes effective upon confirmation of employment. Should a Client cancel an offer of employment prior to the candidates start date or before our invoice has been paid, the placement fee will still be due to Guild Recruitment as we have already provided a successful service to the Client. Should a candidate cancel prior to starting a position with a Client, we will follow the procedure as per our guarantee policy.
• Permanent Placements:
Clients will be invoiced once an offer of employment has been made and accepted. Payment is due by no later than the Candidate’s first working day, as specified on our invoice.
• Temporary Placements:
Clients will be invoiced upon confirmation and finalization of the precise requirements. Payment is due by no later than the Candidate’s first working day, as specified on our invoice.
• Casual Placements:
Clients will be invoiced upon confirmation of the precise requirements. Payment is due within 5 working days of being invoiced.
The guarantee period is valid only if our invoice is paid on time. Should the invoice not be paid within the specified time period, interest is chargeable according to the Prime lending rate at the time. Payment of invoices for expenses relating to replacement candidates are due immediately upon being invoiced.
Our aim is to guarantee our client a successful placement. In the event that our candidate resigns, or is dismissed (not due to unfair labour practices, breach of contract or unreasonable working conditions) within the 90 day probation period, we will find a substitute candidate who meets the same employment criteria and qualifications as initially agreed upon, at no additional cost, except for expenses. This process continues until the client is completely satisfied as we do not offer any refunds on placement fees. Replacements, if and when required within the 3 months period, will only be fulfilled if we have received the full placement fee from the Client within the stipulated period.
Should a Client terminate a Candidates contract of employment within the 3 month guarantee period due to a change in the Client’s operational requirements, unfair labour practices or breach of contract with the candidate, the agency will be under no obligation to offer any replacement or refund of fees.
A replacement candidate does not have another 3 month guarantee period. Our guarantee period is for a total of 3 months, dated as per our invoice. Since we have a 3 month guarantee period, we reserve the right to remove and replace the candidate within this period if all expectations and standards are not met to the clients’ satisfaction. Random calls, visits and progress reports will be conducted on a regular basis to ensure that the candidate’s performance is acceptable.